When you enroll in the communicative disorders major, you'll need to complete the requirements that are in place at the time. Your course distribution list will help you keep track of all the courses you need to take in each subject to complete your degree.
These distribution lists may also be referred to as the "bulletin" or the "catalog" for the academic year in which you started your degree program. For example, if you were a freshman in fall 2015, you would follow the course requirements in the 2015-2016 distribution list or catalog to complete your degree.
Below is the 2016-2017 course distribution list. You can view it on this page, or download the PDF of former catalogs:
- 2016-2017 Communicative Disorders Course Distribution LIst (also listed below)
- 2015-2016 Communicative Disorders Course Distribution List
- 2013-2015 Communicative Disorders Course Distribution List
- 2011-2013 Communicative Disorders Course Distribution List
2016-2017 Course Distribution List
- CODI 118 - Introduction to Communicative Disorders
- CODI 219 - Anatomy and Physiology of the Speech and Hearing Mechanism
- CODI 220 - Phonetics
- CODI 221 - Introduction to Communicative Science
- CODI 275 - Language Acquisition
- CODI 302 - Directed Clinical Observation
- CODI 310 - Analysis of Social Action
- CODI 323 - Disorders of Articulation and Phonology
- CODI 382 - Audiology I
- CODI 384 - Language Pathology in Children
- CODI 386 - Audiology II
- CODI 419 - Neurophysiology
- CODI elective - 3 credit hours. Must be at the 300 level or above.
- Arts elective - 3 credit hours chosen from DANC, MUS, THEA, or VIAR
- BIOL 121 - Biological Principles and Issues I
- BIOL 122 - Biological Principles and Issues II
- CMCN elective - 3 credit hours to be chosen from approved CMCN, ENGL, or THEA courses. Refer to the catalog for the approved electives.
- ENGL 101 - Introduction to Academic Writing
- ENGL 102 - Writing and Research About Culture
- ENGL 351 - Introduction to Linguistics
- ENGL elective - 3 credit hours to be chosen from approved ENGL courses. Refer to the catalog for the approved electives.
- 2 credit hours of electives.
- HIST electives - 6 credit hours.
Math & Statistics
- MATH 103 - Applied College Algebra Fundamentals OR MATH 105 Applied College Algebra
- STAT 214 - Elementary Statistics
- STAT 417 - Biometry
Choose French, Spanish, or German in consultation with your academic advisor. All modern language course requirements must be completed in the same language.
- MODL 101
- MODL 102
- MODL 201
- 3 credit hours. Must be chosen from CHEM or PHYS.
- PSYC 110 - Introduction to Psychology
- PSYC 313 - Lifespan Developmental Psychology
- 18 credit hours toward your academic minor.