When you enroll in the communicative disorders major, you'll need to complete the requirements that are in place at the time. Your course distribution list will help you keep track of all the courses you need to take in each subject to complete your degree.
These distribution lists may also be referred to as the "bulletin" or the "catalog" for the academic year in which you started your degree program. For example, if you were a freshman in fall 2015, you would follow the course requirements in the 2015-2016 distribution list or catalog to complete your degree. If you transferred into the major in the spring of 2017, you would follow the course requirements in the 2016-17 distribution list.
- 2018-2019 Communicative Disorders Course Distribution LIst
- 2017-2018 Communicative Disorders Course Distribution LIst
- 2016-2017 Communicative Disorders Course Distribution LIst
- 2015-2016 Communicative Disorders Course Distribution List
- 2013-2015 Communicative Disorders Course Distribution List
2017-2018 Course Distribution List
- CODI 118 - Introduction to Communicative Disorders
- CODI 219 - Anatomy and Physiology of the Speech and Hearing Mechanism
- CODI 220 - Phonetics
- CODI 221 - Introduction to Communicative Science
- CODI 275 - Language Acquisition
- CODI 302 - Directed Clinical Observation
- CODI 310 - Analysis of Social Action
- CODI 323 - Disorders of Articulation and Phonology
- CODI 382 - Audiology I
- CODI 384 - Language Pathology in Children
- CODI 386 - Audiology II
- CODI 419 - Neurophysiolog
- Arts elective - 3 credit hours chosen from DANC, MUS, THEA, or VIAR
Biology electives - 6 credit hours. The following are recommended:
- BIOL 121 - Biological Principles and Issues I
- BIOL 122 - Biological Principles and Issues II
- CMCN elective - 3 credit hours to be chosen from approved CMCN, ENGL, or THEA courses. Refer to the catalog for the approved electives.
- ENGL 101 - Introduction to Academic Writing
- ENGL 102 - Writing and Research About Culture
- ENGL elective - 3 credit hours to be chosen from approved ENGL courses. Typically 200 level literature course. Refer to the catalog for the approved electives.
- ENGL 351 - Introduction to Linguistics
8 credit hours of electives.
- 3 of these hours UNIV 100 as applicable
- HIST electives - 6 credit hours.
Math & Statistics
- MATH 103 - Applied College Algebra Fundamentals OR MATH 105 Applied College Algebra
- STAT 214 - Elementary Statistics
- STAT 417 - Biometry
Choose French, Spanish, American Sign Language (ASL), or German in consultation with your academic advisor. All modern language course requirements must be completed in the same language.
- MODL 101
- MODL 102
- MODL 201
- 3 credit hours. Must be chosen from CHEM or PHYS.
6 hours from Anthropology (ANTH), Criminal Justice (CJUS), Economics (ECON), Geography (GEOG), Political Science (POLS), or Psychology ( PSYC)
- 3 of those hours at 200/400 level
- 18 credit hours toward your academic minor.