You are here

Undergraduate Requirements

The Department of Communicative Disorders and its Speech Pathology and Audiology programs are housed in the College of Liberal Arts. As a communicative disorders major, you will need to meet the requirements for graduation set by the college as well as our major requirements.

Admission Requirements

Once you've made the decision to study speech pathology and audiology at UL Lafayette, you'll want to look into admissions requirements.

If you are already at another college or university, it is possible to transfer to UL Lafayette

College of Liberal Arts Requirements

The College of Liberal Arts requires that you declare a minor and complete 18 hours in that area. Choose a minor based on your personal interests, to expand your knowledge and skills, or to augment your preparation in the communicative disorders major.

There are a wide variety of minor options both within the College of Liberal Arts and across colleges. Take a look at the list of available minors and have an idea of what you'd like to declare as your minor, but you should choose your minor in consultation with your advisor.

Department of Communicative Disorders Requirements

Degree requirements for the communicative disorders major may change from time to time to accommodate updated courses, accreditation standards and requirements, and needs of the department. When you declare communicative disorders as your major, you will fall under the degree requirements in place at that time. Those specific requirements can be found in the catalog for the year when you enter the program. Check out the current catalog here.

Communicative disorders majors must earn a C or better in all major courses, pass all other courses required of the degree, and maintain a 2.0 GPA in order to graduate.